LLTI Archives

March 1999, Week 4

From:
Date:
Tue, 23 Mar 1999 10:28:32 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Ursula Williams <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 11:37:32 -0500
>To: [log in to unmask]
>From: Ursula Williams <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: apologies to non-US IALL folks

Hi all. I don't usually think of myself as US-centric, but a couple of
things in the IALL election letter and accompanying materials were
overlooked, and they shouldn't have been. I want to apologize to our valued
members who don't happen to live on US soil.

First, the "USA" was left off the address on the return postcard and out of
the letter, and then the place for the stamp said "I need a 20-cent stamp."
I should have taken the time to rephrase that instead of assuming that our
international members would simply expect to put the thing in an envelope
and pay more. Even our good friends in Canada probably had to pay more than
20 cents postcard rate.

It was the kind of oversight that simply shouldn't have happened. I will
make the correction and pass the information along to the person who does
this next.

I am truly sorry for any offense I might have brought about. I hope you
will forgive me and we'll get back to being one big happy INTERNATIONAL
family.

Ursula Williams
Elections Chair 1999