LLTI Archives

March 1999, Week 4

From:
Date:
Thu, 25 Mar 1999 08:19:52 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Ed Dixon <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 16:37:50 -0500
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum               <[log in to unmask]>
>From: Ed Dixon <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #4914.3 Free web-mail sites for Chinese and Korean

------------------
I recommend for the PC using as others have already mentioned IE's language
modules that allow you to write Email in Chinese, Japanese and Korean with
Outlook Express. You will need to download the IMEs and Language Packs for
each languaage at
http://www.microsoft.com/msdownload/iebuild/ime5_win32/en/ime5_win32.htm
You will also need to download Outlook Express. So far it's all free.

Ed Dixon

Am/Um 10:29 AM 3/23/1999 EST schrieben Sie:
>--- Forwarded Message from HCLSA <[log in to unmask]> ---
>
>>Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 22:54:04 -0600 (CST)
>>From: HCLSA <[log in to unmask]>
>>Subject: Re: #4914.1 Free web-mail sites for Chinese and Korean
>>To: [log in to unmask]
>>Cc: [log in to unmask]

>Yes, hotmail works well with Chinese on PC and Macs. As mentioned in an
earleir message you will need to use Twin Bridge on a Windows station or
Language