LLTI Archives

March 1999, Week 4

From:
Date:
Thu, 25 Mar 1999 08:19:51 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Ed Dente <[log in to unmask]> ---

------------------

Derek Roff, out in Albuquerque, wrote:

> I wandered Market Street in San Francisco two weeks ago, and found nothing
> to compete with the Aiwa HV-MX100.  The best price I was quoted was $649
> (although one guy did say $500, if it is in cash and you come back within
> one hour).  Half a dozen stores were willing to match the $649 price, but
> half of them didn't want to ship or deal with a university check.  None
> would accept purchase orders.  World of Stereo II (415/626-1195) and
> Digital Photo Electronic (415/928-6263). were two stores that agreed to
> ship after receiving a university check.  These are small store front
> operations, and I am hesitant to deal with them from a 1000 miles away.
> With a shipping charge quoted at $30, there is little saving over the price
> that Ed quotes.  So, if he has found a reliable dealer that is ready to
> work with standard university procedures, I think that is a good way to go.
>

> How about it, Ed?  Where did you get the $711 price quote?

Hi Derek,
Most Greater Bostonians - and many Greater New Englanders *grin* - will
recognize the name Hunt Photo and Video. It is one of the largest in New
England, and it is the store that my school does most of its AV business
with.
This is a genuine price, and Hunt will do all the delivery and warranty
stuff one should expect from a reputable dealer.
Cheers,
Ed