LLTI Archives

March 1999, Week 4

From:
Date:
Thu, 25 Mar 1999 08:19:34 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Ben-Nahum David <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: Ben-Nahum David <[log in to unmask]>
>To: LLTI <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: RE: #4933 apologies to non-US IALL folks
>Date: Wed, 24 Mar 99 08:57:00 PST
>Encoding: 59 TEXT

Well, Ursula, Americans, like all human beings, have their good sides and
their less good ones. Their U.S.-centric perspective is well-known. Since
my mother-in-law moved from Kentucky to Israel a year and a half ago I
have to help her deal with the banks and other institutions in the U.S.
from overseas and it is not easy. I, for one, don't take offence. What is
more important, IMHO, is that there still are so few IALL members who are
not from North America or Japan. Maybe IALL should run a campaign or
think of strategies to enlist more members from the other parts of the
world. That would make it more international. The wording of the election
letter or the price of the stamp mentioned are, really, at least for me,
no big deal.

Happy Pesach,
David Ben-Nahum
Director of Language Laboratories