LLTI Archives

March 1999, Week 3

From:
Date:
Fri, 19 Mar 1999 16:27:20 EST
--- Forwarded Message from "W"odzimierz_Sobkowiak" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: "W"odzimierz_Sobkowiak" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: "Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum"    <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Odp:      #4911.2  Corpora: Ergo's Patent Publishes
>Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 12:34:15 +0100

------------------
I am certain there must be other subscribers to this list who find the
characteristic mixture of flame and self-confidence exhibited in Dr.
Bralich's parser-related messages thoroughly disturbing...

Or are there?

Some recent examples:

>>From: "Philip A. Bralich, Ph.D." <[log in to unmask]>
>>Subject: Re: Corpora: Ergo's Patent Publishes

>This is a quantum leap forward for those products
>
>These awards and
>the products we create are not accurately judged in the manner that is
>implied by typing in sentences arbitrarily.
>
>I suggest that the readers of this list abandon the habit of just
arbtrarily
>pumping in sentences

>The reason of course
>is because no one can produce the results we can.

WS