LLTI Archives

March 1999, Week 2

From:
Date:
Tue, 9 Mar 1999 14:39:19 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Bettina Myers <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Mon, 08 Mar 1999 15:07:58 -0500
>From: Bettina Myers <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Re: #4896.1 Microphone headsets

>>> LLTI-Editor <[log in to unmask]> 03/08 1:46 PM >>>
--- Forwarded Message from Marc Fryd <[log in to unmask]> ---

------------------
At 11:57 05/03/99 EST, you wrote:
>--- Forwarded Message from George Mitrevski <[log in to unmask]> ---
>
>>Date: Thu, 04 Mar 1999 16:49:08 -0500
>>From: George Mitrevski <[log in to unmask]>
>>To: llti <[log in to unmask]>
>>Subject: Microphone headsets
>
>------------------
>Can anyone recommend a  set of microphone headsets for Windows computers?
I've
>heard of, but have not seen, the KOSS SW-30 and the SB-30. Has anyone had a
>good experience with either of these. We are looking for something in the
$50 range.

>Cordially,
>
>George.
>--

Dear George,
Could you please let me what you come up with on this one?
I am also looking for microphone headsets in a Windows environment for a
lang lab
(acquisition planned for September 99).
Good luck with your search,
Marc
*Marc Fryd                                         *
*Chargé de mission pour les nouvelles technologies *
*Université de Poitiers                            *
*86022 Poitiers, France                            *
*Tel 0549453202                                    *
*Fax 0549453207                                    *

We purchased a bunch of KOSS SB/20 stereophones "with boom microphone" for $36 each from a local AV supplier. So far they have worked fine with our PCs. We've had some trouble getting them to work with our Macs, but we're still trying to figure that one out...They're PC- and Mac-compatible.

These KOSS headsets were recommended to me by the manager of the ESL lab down the hall, because they have had good results with them as well.

Bettina Myers
Language Learning Technology Center
Georgetown University