LLTI Archives

March 1999, Week 2

From:
Date:
Mon, 8 Mar 1999 13:46:29 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Phade Orion Vader <[log in to unmask]> ---

------------------

>--- Forwarded Message from George Mitrevski <[log in to unmask]> ---
>
>>Date: Thu, 04 Mar 1999 16:49:08 -0500
>>From: George Mitrevski <[log in to unmask]>
>>To: llti <[log in to unmask]>
>>Subject: Microphone headsets
>
>------------------
>Can anyone recommend a  set of microphone headsets for Windows computers?
I've
>heard of, but have not seen, the KOSS SW-30 and the SB-30. Has anyone had a
>good experience with either of these. We are looking for something in the
$50 range.

>Cordially,
>
>George.
>--
>Dr. George Mitrevski            office: 334-844-6376
>Foreign Languages                  fax: 334-844-6378
>6030 Haley Center               e-mail: [log in to unmask]
>Auburn University
>Auburn, AL 36849-5204
>
>List of my WWW pages: http://www.auburn.edu/~mitrege/index.html

Dear George:

We have purchased a quantity of the KOSS SB-30 headsets {we purchased ours
from Highsmith Library Suppliers} and found them to be great.  They are
durable, lightweight, comfortable, and the ear speakers  and microphone
have very good response.  We use them in our Computer Lab, and they have
worked well with all of our multimedia titles.  We also use them as
replacements for traditional mic headsets, either with stand-alone
recorders, or with more traditional audio lab systems {may need an adapter,
though}.  I would certainly recommend them--an added bonus is they're not
very expensive.

Best of luck with your search--

Phade Orion Vader, Director
Language Learning Laboratory