LLTI Archives

March 1999, Week 1

From:
Date:
Thu, 4 Mar 1999 08:53:20 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Don Sundheim <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Tue, 02 Mar 1999 16:10:31 -0600
>To: [log in to unmask]
>From: Don Sundheim <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Satellite TV locations & programs

Does anyone have an up-to-date list  or web sites to recommend about "free"
C-Band or Ku-Band stations that have regular programing (not occasional
feeds) in at least French, Spanish, and German.

We've located Deutche Welle but that's about it for the present.  Most of
the channels are either not regularly available, encrypted, or require
special equipment to receive.

That brings up the second part of my question:  When or if we can get the
funding for equipment and subscriptions,  which digital receivers are most
user friendly and most compatible with int'l programming available?

Incidentially, we're in central Illinois, and although we are not supposed
to be able to get CBC - Montreal, we do or did.  I haven't found anything
but occasional feeds now.

Thanks in advance,

Don Sundheim
Lab Director & Prof. of French