LLTI Archives

February 1999, Week 4

From:
Date:
Wed, 24 Feb 1999 16:50:59 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Wendy Baker Davis <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 09:37:07 -0500 (EST)
>Date-warning: Date header was inserted by ADMIN.FANDM.EDU
>From: Wendy Baker Davis <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Japanese software
>To: [log in to unmask]

I have come across some interesting and inexpensive software ($99 single
user) for Japanese word processing, web reading and creation, and kanji
study all in one.  Called "Wordmage".  I haven't used it yet, though I have
a demo waiting.  More details can be found at this web site :
http://www.lavasoft.com/productinfo.html

I was wondering if anyone had used this software and how they compared it
to using JLK with seperate word processors, etc.   What can't you do with
this program (for the average student user) that you can do with the
Japanese Language Kit or vice versa? Also I was wondering if you can use
the program to create messages and easily interface with an email program
(i.e. Eudora or Eudora J) as we currently do email exchanges using Eudora J
and JLK.

Arigatoo gozaimasu,
Wendy