LLTI Archives

February 1999, Week 3

From:
Date:
Mon, 15 Feb 1999 14:13:38 EST
--- Forwarded Message from "Robert K. Irvin" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 09:49:20 -0600 (CST)
>To: [log in to unmask]
>From: "Robert K. Irvin" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: job announcement/1st posting
>Cc: [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]

Director/Culpeper Multimedia Center

Gustavus Adolphus College is seeking a Director for a state-of-the-art
Macintosh-based multimedia center for the study of foreign languages and
cultures. As the key person responsible for developing a vision and mission
for the Culpeper Center, the main duties of the Director will be to plan and
assist in the development of web-based multimedia materials that enhance
the learning
process, support and train faculty in the design/implementation of media-based
materials; plan and assist in the development of in-house materials and
software as needed. The Director, in consultation with the departments of
Information Technology, Media Services, and Modern Foreign Languages and
Literatures, will lead the development of these technologies and direct the
outreach efforts of the Center as it works to promote technology and the study
of language across the curriculum. In addition, the Director will supervise
the management, scheduling, and utilization of the 22-station Culpeper Center
(http://www.gac.edu/Academics/Culpeper/).

A Masters Degree in Educational or Instructional Technology is desirable;
candidates with proven experience in multimedia and web-based course
development will also be considered. Experience using HTML, JavaScript, CGI,
Perl and familiarity with Web authoring systems is essential. Familiarity with
language instruction, second-language acquisition pedagogy or an advanced
foreign language or language teaching degree will also be considered.

The position is a twelve-month administrative position with competitive salary
and benefits beginning June 1, 1999. Applications should be directed to Bruce
Aarsvold, Department of Information Technology, Gustavus Adolphus College, 800
West College Avenue, St. Peter, MN 56082.  The committee will begin reviewing
applications immediately and continue until the position is filled.

Gustavus Adolphus College is a highly selective liberal arts college
located in the Minnesota River Valley near the Twin Cities, with a strong
commitment to
multicultural and international education, and an expanding foreign language
program.  It is the policy and practice of Gustavus Adolphus College to
provide equal educational and employment opportunities for all.  We especially
encourage applications from women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.

Robert L. Irvin, Chair
Department of Modern Foreign Languages & Literatures
(French, German, Japanese, Russian, Spanish)
Gustavus Adolphus College
800 W.  College Avenue
Saint Peter, MN 56082 USA
e-mail: [log in to unmask]