LLTI Archives

February 1999, Week 3

From:
Date:
Thu, 18 Feb 1999 13:19:22 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Norval Bard <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 10:55:29 -0600
>From: Norval Bard <[log in to unmask]>
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum                         <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #4862.2 French Style Checkers (!)

--------------E96918097BDFFBEEE15432AA

We, too, use the Microsoft tools and usually find them sufficient for student needs.  One feature that needs
to be highlighted is that the degree of scrutiny the program runs on a given text can be adjusted.  This is
done by choosing "options" from the "tools" menu, and then by clicking on the "spelling & grammar"
tab-sheet.  The default is usually "rapide, rapida, schnell.." (depending on the language), but can be
changed to "stricte, exhaustiva, tiefenprufung" for a much better analysis of the text.

Amities,

Norval Bard

> --- Forwarded Message from Lorraine Williams <[log in to unmask]> ---
> ------------------
> We use the Microsoft proofing tools for Word in French (German and Spanish
> too) that include spell check, grammar check, hyphenation rules and
> thesaurus.

--------------E96918097BDFFBEEE15432AA

begin:          vcard
fn:             Norval Bard
n:              Bard;Norval
org:            noctrl.edu
adr:            Director, Myers Language Resource Center;;Assistant Professor of French;North Central College;Naperville, IL  60566;ph:  (630) 637- 5125;fax:  (630) 637-5121
email;internet: [log in to unmask]
x-mozilla-cpt:  ;0
x-mozilla-html: FALSE
version:        2.1