LLTI Archives

February 1999, Week 3

From:
Date:
Thu, 18 Feb 1999 13:19:17 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Lorraine Williams <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: Lorraine Williams <[log in to unmask]>
>To: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: computer based language proficiency tests
>Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 08:11:31 -0500

Please excuse the cross-posting.

We began to implement a foreign language proficiency requirement at our
institution 3 years ago, but now would like to explore new testing options.
Currently we are using BYU's CAPE tests for French, Spanish and German, but
have experienced some problems since the tests were not specifically
designed for use in a Windows NT environment.  Much has changed in 3 years.
Can anyone recommend other computer based language proficiency tests?
Lorraine Williams
Academic Technology Coordinator
Saint Michael's College
Box L