LLTI Archives

February 1999, Week 3

From:
Date:
Wed, 17 Feb 1999 11:03:07 EST
--- Forwarded Message from John de Szendeffy <[log in to unmask]> ---

------------------
LLTI-Editor wrote:

> I received this today. If this is another hoax, my apologies......

> Otmar

Yup, it is, as are almost all virex "alerts" transmitted via E-mail.  The
Symantec site maintains a list of current virus hoaxes.  It's worth taking a
look at.  They also keep track of legitimate ones.

    http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/hoax.html

-John
John de Szendeffy <[log in to unmask]>
Multimedia Language Lab
Center for English Language and Orientation Programs
Boston University
ph (617) 353-7957 fx (617) 353-6195
Lab:  http://www.bu.edu/celop/MLL
CTG:  http://www.bu.edu/celop/CTG