LLTI Archives

February 1999, Week 3

From:
Date:
Mon, 15 Feb 1999 14:13:11 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Bob Peckham <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 11:49:07 -0600 (CST)
>From: Bob Peckham <[log in to unmask]>
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum    <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #4845.5 Any labs using iMacs? (!)

------------------
Our machines are replaced every 3 years.  We have very few problems on our
5400s, and the only folks using floppies are writing English compositions
(They're not supposed to be in there, but we have no lab director or
knowledgeable staff).

What is wrong with buying a floppy drive and plussing it in when you need
to help a machine along?

I would add fuel to the fire, be saying that our students with PCs in
their rooms come to the MAC lab because they consider the US-International
keyboard thing too difficult for them.  I cannot remember how universal
its use is, but the students find the MAC work to be a no-brainer, and
no-brainer is a universal plus with students.

TBob

Bob Peckham
Director, The Globe-Gate Project
Dept. of Modern Foreign Languages