LLTI Archives

February 1999, Week 2

From:
Date:
Tue, 9 Feb 1999 12:26:10 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Nelly Halzen <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Mon, 8 Feb 1999 15:43:38 -0600
>To: [log in to unmask]
>From: Nelly Halzen <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: digital sound editor (Mac platform)

I am exploring the possibilities to incorporate multimedia in a French
Phonetics course that I will teach next semester.  I am looking for a
decently priced software that would allow me to visualize various sounds by
means of graphic displays etc. The only digital sound editor that has been
brought to my attention is Cool Edit (Syntrillium Software Corporation )
but it is for the Windows platform only and I am a Mac user.
My questions:
1. If I install "Virtual PC" on my computer, would I be able to use Cool
Edit without any problem?
2.  Do you know of any equivalent software for the Mac?

Thanks,
Nelly

Nelly Halzen
Department of French and Italian