LLTI Archives

February 1999, Week 1

From:
Date:
Tue, 2 Feb 1999 08:13:03 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Language Learning & Technology <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date:  Mon, 1 Feb 1999 13:01:46 -1000
>To: [log in to unmask]
>From: Language Learning & Technology <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: LLT Vol. 2, No. 2 is available

------------------
*** Please Repost ***

We are happy to announce the publication of Vol. 2, No. 2 of
Language Learning & Technology <http://polyglot.cal.msu.edu/llt>,
an international refereed online journal for second and
foreign language educators.

Please visit the LLT web site and be sure to enter your free
subscription if you have not already done so.  Also, we welcome
your submissions of articles, reviews, and commentaries for
Vol. 3, No. 1 and future issues as well. Check our guidelines
for submission at <http://polyglot.cal.msu.edu/llt/contrib.html>.

Irene Thompson, Mark Warschauer, and Lucinda Hart-González
Editors, Language Learning & Technology

FEATURE ARTICLES
Teaching Text and Context through Multimedia
by Claire Kramsch & Roger W. Andersen

"Reflective Conversation" in the
Virtual Language Classroom
by Marie-Noëlle Lamy & Robin Goodfellow

Using Automatic Speech Processing for
Foreign Language Pronunciation Tutoring:
Some Issues and a Prototype
by Maxine Eskenazi

Considerations in Developing or
Using Second/Foreign Language Proficiency
Computer-Adaptive Tests
by Patricia A. Dunkel

COMMENTARY
"What's in a Gloss?"
A response to Lara L. Lomicka's "To Gloss
or Not to Gloss": An Investigation of Reading
Comprehension Online (Vol. 1, No. 2)
by Warren B. Roby

COLUMNS
From the Editors
by Irene Thompson, Mark Warschauer,
& Lucinda Hart-González, Editors

On the Net
Agora Language Marketplace
by Jean W. LeLoup & Robert Ponterio

Emerging Technologies
Mobile Computing and Language Learning
by Bob Godwin-Jones

Announcements
News from Sponsoring Organizations

REVIEWS
Oral Language Archive
Reviewed by Claire Bradin

Pasos Vivos 1
Reviewed by Joseph Collentine

Language Learning Online: Theory and Practice
in the ESL and L2 Computer Classroom
Reviewed by József Horváth

CALL FOR PAPERS
Theme: Literacies and Technologies