LLTI Archives

February 1999, Week 1

From:
Date:
Tue, 2 Feb 1999 08:13:12 EST
--- Forwarded Message from "William Haworth" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: "William Haworth" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: digital lab query
>Date: Tue, 2 Feb 1999 13:02:13 -0000

At Liverpool John Moores University in the UK we have funding available to
set up a new lab. This would be digital with 30 student PCs, one teacher PC,
ATM access to a local high-capacity server for RealAudio + Video, the
university network and WWW.
Apart from the network access, the functionality required would allow
"classic" LL control:
 - put out audio/video content onto student machines
 - monitor student positions from teacher position
 - control one or all student position/s from teacher position
 - 2 way audio between teacher-student/s
 - pairing/grouping of students
Are there tools which meet these needs? I don't want to use a tool that has
vastly more functionality (and cost) than required. I would be grateful for
any suggestions.

William

William Haworth
Principal Lecturer in Spanish