LLTI Archives

February 1999, Week 1

From:
Date:
Thu, 4 Feb 1999 16:46:48 EST
--- Forwarded Message from "Chris Jones" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: "Chris Jones" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Ideas & materials for teaching pupils with special educational needs
>Date: Thu, 4 Feb 1999 21:59:18 -0000

I work in a mainstream school in England teaching French and Spanish to 11
to 16 year olds. The school is in a very deprived area and pupils are very
demotivated towards learning languages.  The ability range goes from nearly
illiterate to just about able pupils.  Therefore I am very keen to collect
ideas on motivating and helping these pupils to achieve something they can
be proud of.  I would also be interested in any ICT ideas for our pupils and
any ideas on how to write materials specifically aimed at low ability
pupils. Reading and writing is particularly difficult.  Any help would be
gratefully appreciated.  By the way I read all the messages and follow links
with great interest.  Thanks to you all.
Rachel.