LLTI Archives

February 1999, Week 1

From:
Date:
Wed, 3 Feb 1999 11:42:05 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Sonja Moore <[log in to unmask]> ---

>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum                                       <[log in to unmask]>
>From: Sonja Moore <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #4830.1 Y2K Problems with Sony LLC-9000
>Date: Tue, 2 Feb 1999 08:50:44 -0500

------------------
While completing the Y2K inventory in the Virginia Commonwealth University
Language Learning Center, I was told by Sony that our LLC - 5510 was
unfortunately Y2K compatible. There is a clock in the system but no
calendar. I say unfortunately because, had it not been compatible, it would
have necessitated an instant upgrade!

Sonja

>--- Forwarded Message from Judy Shoaf <[log in to unmask]> ---
>
>>Date: Tue, 02 Feb 1999 08:06:39 -0500
>>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum
>>From: Judy Shoaf <[log in to unmask]>
>>Subject: Re: #4830 Y2K Problems with Sony LLC-9000
>
>-------------------
>Ouch! While folks are asking, how about Y2K with the SONY LLC-5500? Ours
>limp a bit but are still serving a lot of students (29 class periods last
>week, plus individual users and testing). I asked our equipment guy but he
>seemed to feel it was not a question worth his attention.
>
>Judy

Sonja Moore, Director, Language Learning Center
Assistant Professor of French
Virginia Commonwealth University
820 W. Franklin Street
Richmond, VA 23284-2021