LLTI Archives

January 1999, Week 4

From:
Date:
Wed, 27 Jan 1999 11:50:17 EST
--- Forwarded Message from John de Szendeffy <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 12:17:49 -0400
>From: John de Szendeffy <[log in to unmask]>
>To: LLTI Editor <[log in to unmask]>,        TESLCA-L Editor <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Griffin NE Mic Headset for Macs?

------------------
Does anyone have recent experience with the Griffin Technologies NE Mic
Headset for Macs?

    http://www.griffintechnology.com/mic_options.html

It apparently uses a PlainTalk plug to tap into power from the
motherboard just as Apple PlainTalk mics do. I'm waiting for my demo
set.  I tested the original NE Mic adapter a year and a half ago, but it
had a gain problem that produced too much interference with our Koss
SB/30 headsets.  At $25, it almost looks too good to be true.

Has anyone used it under At Ease?  OS 7.x or 8.x?  Is the mic omni or
unidirectional?

Any comments on or off the list would be appreciated.  Thanks.

-John
John de Szendeffy <[log in to unmask]>
Multimedia Language Lab
Center for English Language and Orientation Programs
Boston University
ph (617) 353-7957 fx (617) 353-6195
Lab:  http://www.bu.edu/celop/MLL
CTG:  http://www.bu.edu/celop/CTG