LLTI Archives

January 1999, Week 3

From:
Date:
Wed, 20 Jan 1999 14:49:48 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Gyonggu Shin <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 23:27:43 +0900
>From: Gyonggu Shin <[log in to unmask]>
>To:  Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum <[log in to unmask]>,        [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Re: #4801 mKorean e-mail

------------=
------
Mary Ball asked for information on Korean email:=20

Can anyone recommend a Windows program or method for sending
e-mail in Korean (in Hangul)?

Mary Ball
Director, Language lab
Ashland University
Ashland, OH  44805

I do not think any program for Korean email would work
conveniently on the English only Windows system. My solution is
to compose a text in Korean word processor and copy the text and
paste it on the telnet or netscape or internet explorer.=20

When I read a text in Korean, I copy it back into the Korean word
processor to reverse it in Hangul font. You can experiment it
with the following line to see it in Korean font, in which I put
your name.
=B8=DE=BE=EE=B8=AE =BA=BC

Wishing you a good luck,

Gyonggu Shin
English, Humanities, Chonnam National University
Phone: 82-62-530-3158
Email: [log in to unmask]
http://gshin.chonnam.ac.kr