LLTI Archives

January 1999, Week 2

From:
Date:
Mon, 11 Jan 1999 12:48:01 EST
--- Forwarded Message from "David Pankratz" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 11:19:12 -0600
>From: "David Pankratz" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Scanner recommendation?

We'd like to purchase a scanner, PC platform (although dual purpose
PC/Mac would be nice). We plan to use it for scanning images, but also
would like OCR software for scanning short texts, and we need to make
sure that this OCR software would read foreign characters in the
Romance languages and German. Could you recommend a simple scanner to
meet our needs for around $300?

Thank you.

David Pankratz
Loyola University Chicago