LLTI Archives

January 1999, Week 2

From:
Date:
Mon, 11 Jan 1999 12:47:49 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Daniel Tom <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date:  Wed, 6 Jan 1999 11:56:41 -1000
>From: Daniel Tom <[log in to unmask]>
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum   <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #4770.4 Audio Cassettes for Language Lab

------------------
Kathy,

You've already gotten some very good suggestions on some regional or
national companies, however, you might try looking locally for a business
that sells blank audio tapes in bulk possibly in addition to video and
computer supplies.  We have one such store here in Honolulu that can
provide C-60 and C-90 normal bias cassettes loaded with tape that meets
our standard.  They apparantly load the cassettes themselves.  They
nickname themselves the "Blank Media Store" and were found in the
Yellow Pages under "Tapes."  They also sell video and computer supplies.
Since we still have the students supply their own cassette, the Spanish
Honor Society has purchased tapes in bulk from this company and sold them
to students as a fundraiser.  Who knows there might be a similar store
in your area.

Daniel Tom
Language Telecommunications, Resource & Learning Center
University of Hawaii
E-mail:  [log in to unmask]
FAX:     808-956-5134
Voice:   808-956-5118