LLTI Archives

January 1999, Week 1

From:
Date:
Wed, 6 Jan 1999 08:21:20 EST
--- Forwarded Message from [log in to unmask] (Hans Uszkoreit) ---

>Date: Tue, 5 Jan 1999 20:45:34 +0200
>To: [log in to unmask]
>From: [log in to unmask] (Hans Uszkoreit)
>Subject: New book series: Saarbruecken Dissertations in CL & LT

New book series:

Saarbruecken Dissertations in Computational Linguistics and Language Technology

Dear Colleague,

the DFKI Language Technology Lab and the Computational Linguistics Department
of the University of Saarland are pleased to announce a new book series:

        Saarbruecken Dissertations in Computational Linguistics
                        and Language Technology

The series publishes outstanding dissertations from all areas of computational
linguistics ranging from theoretical work in phonetics/phonology, syntax
and semantics,
to symbolic and statistical processing models as well as
application-oriented work.

The first five volumes, which we just received from the printer, are concerned
with grammatical theory, formalisms and processing models for constrained-based
grammars:

   1. Guenter Neumann
      A Uniform Computational Model for Natural Language Parsing and Generation

   2. Hans-Ulrich Krieger
      TDL - A Type Description Language for Constraint-Based Grammars.
      Foundations, Implementation, and Applications

   3. Klaus Netter
      Functional Categories in an HPSG for German

   4. Gregor Erbach
      Bottom-Up Earley Deduction for Preference-Driven Natural Language
Processing

   5. Tania Avgustinova
      Word Order and Clitics in Bulgarian

The series is jointly edited by William Barry, Manfred Pinkal and Hans
Uszkoreit.

Abstracts of the books and an order form can be found on

                          http://www.dfki.de/lt/diss/

Best regards,

Hans Uszkoreit

Apologies if you receive this announcement more than once.

German Research Center for Artificial Intelligence (DFKI)
& Univ. of Saarbruecken, Dept. of Computational Linguistics
D-66123 Saarbruecken, Germany

WWW:    http://coli.uni-sb.de/~hansu/
Univ.   phone + 49 (681) 302-4115  fax  + 49 (681) 302-4700
DFKI    phone + 49 (681) 302-5282  fax  + 49 (681) 302-5338
personal email: [log in to unmask]