ALUM-SYL Archives

April 2018, Week 3

ALUM-SYL@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Amy Keeler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Amy Keeler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Apr 2018 17:02:29 +0000
Greetings Thayer Alumni,

Thayer Career Services is pleased to announce openings at three employers with close ties to Dartmouth. If you have interest, please review the details below.

HIRING EMPLOYERS:

1.       Origin

2.       Kalnin Ventures

3.       TomTom

1. Origin is transforming additive manufacturing (3D printing) for enterprise companies with an open software platform and innovative material supply chain. We're hiring<https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fangel.co%2Foriginlabs%2Fjobs&data=02%7C01%7CAmy.Keeler%40dartmouth.edu%7C1a7b8d259edb4ec7b04608d5a3dfe81c%7C995b093648d640e5a31ebf689ec9446f%7C0%7C0%7C636595104478392796&sdata=QiaRaMhfjGamLvTEzYu9MQlGCZ71qMzoLasfkbchNe0%3D&reserved=0> across hardware engineering, software engineering, and materials, and looking for top performers in the SF Bay Area to join a team from Apple, Google, and Autodesk. APPLY HERE. <https://angel.co/originlabs/jobs>

2. Kalnin Ventures, LLC of Denver, Colorado is searching for a Data Scientist.
We are looking for a Data Scientist who will support our business development and petroleum engineering teams by continuing a strong body of existing research in forecasting well production and evaluating well completion results.  The candidate will have strong problem- solving skills and a drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.

The candidate will work directly with our financial modeling and portfolio analysis teams as well as with our asset management teams in a small, collaborative and innovative environment in downtown Denver. The ideal candidate is adept at using large data sets and using models to test the effectiveness of different courses of action. The candidate must have experience using a variety of data tools, building and implementing models, using/creating algorithms and creating/running simulations.
We're looking for someone with experience manipulating data sets and building statistical models, has a degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or Engineering with strong Math and Statistics background.
If interested, please submit a resume and cover letter to:
Mr. Joseph R Davis
Kalnin Ventures, LLC
1200 17th Street, Suite 1850 Denver, Colorado 80202 United States
Sr. Vice President Geoscience
Phone: 720-370-7359
http://www.kalninventures.com/

3. TomTom is hiring for 2 Senior Software Engineer positions. APPLY HERE.<https://www.tomtom.com/careers/jobs/Sr-Software-Engineer_JR0002334-3/?cityKey=USA_LEBANON&jobId=Sr-Software-Engineer_JR0002334-3>
SR SOFTWARE ENGINEER

'Five years from now we'll be active in areas we haven't yet dreamed of'.
Harold Goddijn, CEO TomTom.

TomTom empowers movement. As an industry leader, we excel at designing and developing innovative products that make it easy for people to keep moving towards their goals. TomTom has grown from a Dutch based start-up company into a multi-national, global brand. As our original founders remain committed to the business, together with TomTom's global team of passionate and dedicated employees, we will continue to create new products and achieve our goals.

Where do you want to be?

Within the Core Maps Group, you'll have the opportunity to develop systems and tools that are used in map production across the globe. You'll be part of a highly motivated team of engineers working in a fast paced environment. You'll be developing state of the art mapping algorithms using latest technologies and tools to solve complex problems. You'll design, develop and maintain software components for scalable systems that support highly visible production processes, and mentor other team members with these tasks as well.

In this role you will:

  *   Link TomTom strategy to long term technical solutions
  *   Be contributor to system architecture, able to prototype proposed solutions if necessary
  *   Analyze requirements and develop an approach for solving it.
  *   Mentor other more junior SW Engineers
  *   Advise Senior Management on own domain.  Explain complex technical issues in an easy way.
  *   Execute the quality guidelines and deliver high quality tools with regards to SW layout, performance, output, stability, and usability.
  *   Apply agile techniques to deliver high quality software.
  *   Execute/follow-up on test plan of the delivered software.
  *   Perform follow-up on validation efforts for the development software.
  *   Provide input on future tool adaptations and applied design.
  *   Provide support on developed tools towards our customers.
  *   Advise in the creation of software design and perform follow up of other software development and test tasks within experience scope.
  *   Track the technical trends in the market in his/her domain and report about these issues within and outside the department. Define and propose projects and actions to stay in tune with the latest beneficial technology/techniques/methods related to the activity of TomTom processes
  *   Fine tune requirement understanding with internal customers on national and international level.
  *   Produce technical documentation and communicate technical and functional possibilities and limitations with process engineering.
  *   Report on project status and take actions to finish the project within the time, quality and content definition and requirements in co-agreement with the software coordinator.
  *   Review quality-testing issues to guarantee quality and result of the project

What do we expect from you?

To be successful as a Senior Software Engineer, this is the kind of profile we have in mind:

University level with a minimum 2 years of software development experience; deep understand of architecture within domain, knowledgeable of industry trends and how to apply within TomTom process, ability to advise and convince; ability to analyze complex problems and design maintainable and inexpensive solutions; demonstrate a positive attitude, promoting communication, cooperation, and teamwork; proven ability to produce solid software; ability to learn new techniques and technology as required; is quality driven.

Experience and deep understanding of the following is a must:

  *   Java
  *   SQL/Database knowledge

Experience and working knowledge of the following is preferred:

  *   Maven
  *   Spring Framework
  *   JUnit/Mockito
  *   Web Services
  *   Apache/Tomcat
  *   Machine Learning

What do we offer?

  *   The chance to work in a fast moving, innovative and international environment, working with passionate professionals from different countries and cultures
  *   The opportunity to work for a company where you can really make things happen
  *   Compensation includes a generous base salary, a bonus or commission scheme, 15 PTO days, 12 company holidays and 3 additional days to perform community service annually
  *   Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, disability, life and 401k

Who are we?

TomTom created the easy-to-use navigation device, one of the most influential inventions of all time. Since then, we have grown from a start-up, into a global technology company.

We design and develop innovative navigation products, software and services, that power hundreds of millions of applications across the globe. This includes industry-leading location-based and mapmaking technologies, embedded automotive navigation solutions; portable navigation devices and apps, and the most advanced telematics fleet management and connected car services.

Combining our own R&D expertise with business and technology partnerships, we continue to shape the future, leading the way with autonomous driving, smart mobility and smarter cities.

Headquartered in Amsterdam with offices in 37 countries, we offer advanced digital maps that cover 142 countries and 33 territories, and our hyper-detailed and real-time TomTom Traffic information service reaches more than five billion people in 69 countries.

To read our story, visit www.tomtom.com<http://www.tomtom.com/>

Pre-employment screening is part of the selection process.

EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled
PRODUCT ENGINEERING
USA, Lebanon, NH

Best regards,

Amy

Amy E. Keeler
Associate Director, Thayer Career Services
Dartmouth College
14 Engineering Drive
Hanover, NH
603.646.2375