LLTI Archives

October 2017, Week 1

From:
"Larsen, Lars-Jacob E [WLC]" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Oct 2017 15:42:01 +0000
Eleni,

I'd advise you to invest in a laptop cart for the room, rather than desktops, and combine it with active learning style furniture.

This way, you have a multi-use room that can accommodate many more activities than a traditional, hard-wired computer lab can.

Get the chairs with attached tablets as big as possible, like the Node option from Steelcase.

If other specialized equipment is needed, like scanners, make them wireless or have them stationed on small tables in the corners, where students can connect the laptops to them.

Regards,

Jacob

--

Jacob E. Larsen, Ph.D.

Director, Language Studies Resource Center

Department of World Languages and Cultures

3142A Pearson Hall

505 Morrill Rd

AMES, IA 50011-2103

P      (515) 294 1551