DOC-NORDIC Archives

September 2017, Week 4

DOC-NORDIC@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Matthew Radosevich <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
DOC-Nordic <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Sep 2017 09:58:57 -0400
Hey Everyone!

We got a lot of interest in some dryland practices this term. Trying to work with everyone's schedules, I propose the following:

Practice Schedule

Monday: Nothing
Tuesday: Core From 4:45 to 5:05, Run From 5:05 to no later than 6:10
Wenesday: Same as Tuesday
Thursday: Same as Tuesday
Friday: Nothing
Saturday: Nothing
Sunday: Core from 11:00 to 11:20, Run Beginning at 11:20 (Possibly a longer one if people are interested)

Meet on back steps of Robo (across from foco) for the beginning of each practice (that's "Robinson Hall, across from The Class of '53 Commons" for any 21's still picking up the lingo). If you only want to go on the run, meet at back steps of Robo at the time designated for the start of the run.

The idea with this schedule is to offer a variety of times so hopefully everyone who's interested will be able to make it to at least a couple each week. Everyone is welcome to come as frequently or infrequently as they like; don't worry about making it everyday if you're busy.

!!!!!!!!   We'll plan to have the first practice this term on Sunday, meeting on the back steps of Robo at 11:00 AM. !!!!!!!!

This schedule will get us started, but we have plenty of freedom to switch things up as people see fit.

On another note, there have been some questions about how the club operates in the Winter. There's going to be a more detailed informational meeting later in the term, but I'll give the basic idea of it now. If we stick with the same schedule we used last year, which seems likely, we'll have three practices a week from 2-5 in the afternoon. These are on Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday You can go to as many or as few as you like--it is very low commitment. We take a van to the trails at Oak hill and break up into groups depending on what people are looking to get out of their day. We also compete in a few ski meets with other colleges in the region on weekends, but competitive racing is entirely optional. I want to stress that this club is open to ALL levels of ability, whether you've never seen snow or were born on the trails. We're happy to help newcomers get into the sport.

Anyway, that's all for now. I hope to see some of you Sunday!

Matt Radosevich

P.S. Kudos to everyone who gave a good Kanye West quote on the Google form. Unfortunately, "Standing at my podium, I'm trying to watch my sodium" is NOT a Knaye West quote, but rather a Young Jeezy line in a Kanye West song. An honest mistake, but I thought I should clear that up right off the bat.