LLTI Archives

July 2017, Week 1

From:
Dan Nickolai <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Jul 2017 15:28:01 -0500
Hi Hope,

We have two Roku devices in our LRC with various international
streams-- while the intention was to offer a replacement for the
discontinued DishNetwork channels, very few students expressed
interest in watching anything live (other than an occasional soccer
game, or election coverage). If you do find the devices aren't being
used much, you can also set up a Plex server to stream any digitized
media you might have through a nice interface. It's quite neat, and
prevents any sensitive media from being loaded onto student flash
drives...

Good luck!

Dan Nickolai, Ph.D.
Director of the Language Resource Center
Assistant Professor of French
Department of Languages, Literatures, and Cultures
Saint Louis University
(314) 977-3644

http://www.slu.edu/x49831.xml
http://www.ispraak.com/