LLTI Archives

September 2016, Week 4

From:
"Breeyear, Susan" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Sep 2016 14:23:14 +0000
Hi Veronica and all,

If your budget can handle it, don't buy a Smartboard at all - buy an interactive flat panel display instead.  The colors and resolution on these displays is absolutely phenomenal, the interactive touch works like a dream, and they come in all sizes.  Smart Tech is gradually discontinuing their support of whiteboards and interactive projectors, so I definitely wouldn't go down that road.  I know nothing about other boards, but I'm pretty sure that the flat panels are going to be the norm within the next three to five years, if not sooner.

Good luck!

Best,

Sue Breeyear

Associate Director, Teaching and Learning Center

Saint Michaels College