LLTI Archives

April 2016, Week 2

From:
Harold Hendricks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Apr 2016 23:34:42 +0000
This information was passed on to me and I thought it might be of interest
for someone wishing to develop skills for CALL research and instruction:

Masteršs Degree in Computer Science Education

The United States currently faces a critical shortage of computer science
faculty at a time when student interest in the field is expanding rapidly.
To address this shortfall, the Stanford Computer Science Department has
created a new Masteršs program in Computer Science Education designed
specifically for people who already hold a Ph.D. in another discipline and
who already have a track record of success as teachers. The goal of this
one-year program is to prepare students to take teaching positions in
colleges and universities that are currently unable to hire faculty in
computer science.

Given that the national need is so pressing, the Computer Science
Department has decided to run the program on a pilot basis in the 2016-17
academic year, even though the regular deadlines have passed. We have
therefore reopened admissions for this program only, with a deadline of
Friday, April 29, 2016, 11:59PM PST. We intend to offer full funding
(tuition + stipend) for all students accepted to the pilot program.

For complete information go to
http://cs.stanford.edu/people/eroberts/mscsed/Admissions-MSInCSEducation.ht
ml