MACSCRPT Archives

August 2015

MACSCRPT@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Bill Steele <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Aug 2015 14:58:58 +0000

> On Aug 4, 2015, at 7:56 PM, Shane Stanley <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> On 5 Aug 2015, at 8:25 am, SUBSCRIBE MACSCRPT Inyo55 <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>> Should I take the group number as it is determined and then go to a handler to make a new PDF for that group from the master PDF, or should I first collect all the group numbers in a list and then (repeat with i from i to end of list) make all the PDFs one after another after the text file is read?

> Whichever suits you; it doesn't matter.

If you’r just doing this once it might take less time to sit there extracting the groups one by one than to write the script. If you’e going to do it many times with different starter PDFs, that’s what scripts are for.

Bill Steele

Technology and Electronic Information Editor

Cornell Chronicle/Chronicle Online

http://www.news.cornell.edu/

312 College Ave.

Ithaca, NY 14850

607-255-7164

607-255-5373 fax

mailto:[log in to unmask]

Why we need science writers:

"Interaction between SNPs in the RXRA and near ANGPTL3 gene region inhibits apoB reduction after statin-fenofibric acid therapy in individuals with mixed dyslipidemia."