MACSCRPT Archives

July 2015

MACSCRPT@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Christopher Stone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Jul 2015 23:06:19 -0500
On Jul 29, 2015, at 20:01, SUBSCRIBE MACSCRPT Inyo55 <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> When I use the Script Editor to record actions, I can run those actions, but I would like to see the applescript code that produced those actions.  Is this possible?

Hey Bob,

Huh?

What OS?

Recording what app?

I just recorded this from BBEdit 11.1.2 in the Script Editor of OSX 10.10.4:

tell application "BBEdit"
	activate
	make new text document
	paste
	replace "time" using "timely" searching in text 1 of text document "untitled text 106" options {search mode:grep, starting at top:true}
end tell

It requires a couple of tweaks to work properly, but the code comes up fine.

By the way there's no traffic on MacScrpt anymore.  Only diehards like me are still subscribed.

You're more likely to get timely help on the Applescript Users List or MacScripter.net.

--
Best Regards,
Chris