MACSCRPT Archives

July 2015

MACSCRPT@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Bill Steele <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Jul 2015 13:48:41 +0000
If Acrobat is not recordable, you’ll have to open its dictionary and play around with the commands. There are commands for conversion (i.e., extract), find text, goto page, make new document, etc. There is no Required suite, so no copy and paste.

A sloppy workaround might be to open the document in Acrobat, export the whole thing as text and then use a text editor like BBEdit or Tex-Edit Plus that is recordable to find pages you want and save as PDF.

> On Jul 31, 2015, at 1:22 AM, SUBSCRIBE MACSCRPT Inyo55 <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Chris, lol.

> Osx = Yosemite.  App to see code from recording is Acrobat Pro 9.

> My goal:

> Convert supplied PDF to text using pdftotext utility.

> Build a list of pages using grep search, returning item groups according to a code on the pages.

> From that list have the applescript make new separate pdf files of varying page amounts, according to the constant code that was grepped above.

> Scripting the Acrobat is where I wanted to record the steps to bring into the applescript.  Say, extract pages 1 thru 12, save new file.  Then go back to original pdf, extract pages 13 thru 42, whatever, save as new file.  Repeat as required

Bill Steele

Technology and Electronic Information Editor

Cornell Chronicle/Chronicle Online

http://www.news.cornell.edu/

312 College Ave.

Ithaca, NY 14850