ALUM-SYL Archives

June 2015, Week 2

ALUM-SYL@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Jennifer St Laurence <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jennifer St Laurence <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Jun 2015 17:46:59 +0000
Please see the note below from Krispin Leydon, Dā€™00, Th ā€™01.

From: krispin [mailto:[log in to unmask]]

I'm writing because the place I'm working with (Angaza Design<http://www.angazadesign.com/>) is hiring, and I wanted to make listings available/visible to Thayer's recent grads and alumni.

Angaza is a start-up based in San Francisco and Nairobi; we've got a technology that is enabling solar lighting to beat kerosene on price -- hands-down -- in East Africa, Pakistan and Indian markets. (In Kenya alone, people spend 4 billion a year on Kerosene for lighting).

The work here is an interesting blend of mobile, web and embedded software / hardware development, with some gratifying big-picture implications for poverty, health and safety, energy independence, and carbon emissions. I should mention that it is not a non-profit, its a well-funded venture-backed social enterprise.

Right now, we are looking for software developers, and I was hopeful you might be able to pass on our posting and intro video (links below) to places where Thayer alums might benefit.

Best,

-Krispin

Job Posting: http://www.angazadesign.com/jobs/backend-developer/

Angaza Intro Clip (2min): http://www.angazadesign.com/watch-video/