CRAWDAD-NEWS Archives

October 2014

CRAWDAD-NEWS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Tristan Henderson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tristan Henderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Oct 2014 10:33:47 +0000
A new dataset has been added to CRAWDAD.
<http://crawdad.org/columbia/kinetic/>

200 hours of accelerometer information recorded over 25 days from 5
participants.

Contributed by Mina Cong, Kanghwan Kim, Maria Gorlatova, John Sarik,
John Kymissis, Gil Zussman.

To help us better understand the properties of various energy sources
and their impact on energy harvesting adaptive algorithms, we
collected acceleration traces from different participants. The
volunteers were asked to perform normal daily routines while
comfortably carrying SparkFun Electronics ADXL345 accelerometer
boards. For our long-term studies, we collected over 200 hours of
acceleration information in 25 days from 5 participants. The data
simulates the natural motions that participants' belongings (keys,
phone, or wallet) experience on a daily basis.

Cheers,
Tristan
--
Tristan Henderson | School of Computer Science | University of St Andrews
www: http://tristan.host.cs.st-andrews.ac.uk/  | tel: +44 1334 461637