BAHASA Archives

September 2014

BAHASA@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

Indonesian language list <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Sep 2014 00:11:44 -0400
Dear Bahasa Listserve:

I wanted to let you know about our recently launched Balinese-English-Indonesian WIKI reference dictionary.  Send us an email and we'll send you the link (sorry, couldn't seem to include it with this posting).

We would be delighted if you would add on!

Initially based on Fred Eiseman's Balinese-English dictionary, we're looking to add translations and definitions in Indonesian, synonyms/antonyms/definitions/registers in Balinese, .jpgs of the aksara Bali of entry words, and example sentences drawn from Balinese literature, folktales, newspaper columns, etc..  Youtube videos of native speakers saying the sentences can also be added.

Also would love suggestions of how the WIKI might be improved and how might best to engage the Balinese public in participating in it.

Many thanks.

Alissa

Alissa Stern
Executive Director