MACSCRPT Archives

July 2014

MACSCRPT@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
kee nethery <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Jul 2014 10:00:09 -0700
I have a proposal on elance for some Applescripting of Xcode. The elance URL is:

https://www.elance.com/job/59318815/proposals

And the job description is:

Provide eight separate AppleScripts for driving Xcode 5 and/or Xcode6-beta.

1. Given a finder project path, tell Xcode to open that project.
2. Acquire a list of Xcode projects currently open within Xcode.
3. Close an Xcode project (from the list) and leave the other Xcode projects open.
4. Trigger "Project/Clean" for an Xcode project.
5. Acquire a list of targets for an Xcode project.
6. Compile a specific target (from the list) of a specific Xcode project.
7. Acquire list of iOS profiles available for a specific target in a specific Xcode project
8. For a specific project, and a specific target in the project, and a specific iOS Profile, launch the simulator.

If you write AppleScripts on a regular basis, you know that some dictionary entries might not work as advertised so absolutely these need to be tested before you provide them to us.

Parsing of the results of these scripts is going to happen outside of AppleScript. Thus, for example, #2 provides a list of projects. Outside of AppleScript we would parse that list, and perhaps close all the projects except for the desired project using script #3. What we need are scripts with sample project names, targets, profiles, etc.

Of course, ask questions if you have any.