CABIN-TRAIL Archives

May 2014, Week 2

CABIN-TRAIL@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Cabin and Trail <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cabin and Trail <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 May 2014 23:44:15 +0000
To sign up for a non-spring weekend trips, blitz the leader of that trip with your DA$H
number (MAKE SURE YOU HAVE MONEY IN YOUR ACCOUNT!) or saying you'd like to
pay in cash. Please also send any dietary restrictions. Your spot will be reserved once you pay.  If the trip is
free, just blitz the leader to reserve a spot. Also, sign up to get financial aid on any DOC-related activity: http://outdoors-dev.dartmouth.edu/opo/finaid.html

WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY

What: Dinner and an Evening Stroll to Velvet Rocks.
When? Wednesday night, 6:30~9:30.
Why? This will be a super chill trip that offers an excellent opportunity to hang with friends, get to know some fellow outdoorsy people, eat some tasty food, and get outside in the middle of a hectic Dartmouth week. Also you will get a chance to spend some time with myself and the ever-classy Katie Yu while helping me fulfill my last leader requirement!
Leaders: Katie Yu and Brad Geismar
Cost:2$ (would help to grab something from Foco before we head out).
Blitz: Please blitz me (Bradley Geismar) as soon as you can if you have any interest in going on this trip! It should be a ton of fun, and I am super excited to go on an early evening excursion with any and all who are willing to join me!

Also…

THE FEED!!! This Feed will be special though, as it will be immediately followed by an alumni singalong. Bernie Waugh '74 and others will be coming to play music and sing. The Feed will be at 7:15 on Wednesday at the Rock. Come, bring your friends, bring your instruments for a wonderful time.

Additionally…

What: Dinner and an Evening Stroll to Velvet Rocks.
When? Wednesday night, 6:30~9:30.
Why? This will be a super chill trip that offers an excellent opportunity to hang with friends, get to know some fellow outdoorsy people, eat some tasty food, and get outside in the middle of a hectic Dartmouth week. Also you will get a chance to spend some time with myself and the ever-classy Katie Yu while helping me fulfill my last leader requirement!
Leaders: Katie Yu and Brad Geismar
Cost:2$ (would help to grab something from Foco before we head out).
Blitz: Please blitz me (Bradley Geismar) as soon as you can if you have any interest in going on this trip! It should be a ton of fun, and I am super excited to go on an early evening excursion with any and all who are willing to join me!

FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY

What: Billings Overnight, Hike Adams/Madison, and Orienteering!!!
When: Friday night, leaving 5 from behind robo, returning Saturday evening.
Why: Because this is my last heeler requirement, and its going to be an awesome hike. Bonus: If you still need orienteering its a good excuse to do a cabin overnight and Presie hike as well!
Leaders: Mac Murphy and David Polashenski
Cost: $11 DOC, 18 non
Blitz: David Polashenski to sign up!

SATURDAY SATURDAY SATURDAY

What: Hike Lafayette and Lincoln!
When: Saturday 8am-6:30pm
Why: Enjoy the gorgeous views on this classic CnT hike! We will have a great time and enjoy the glorious views that this Franconia loop has to offer. The loop is a strenuous 9 miles but so worth it!
Leaders: Shea Flanagan '14 and Eliza Rockefeller '17
Cost: $7 DOC, $12 non-DOC
Blitz: [log in to unmask] with your DASH number and dietary restrictions to sign up!!!

ALSO…

What: Mount Kearsarge Hike
When: 10 AM - 5 PM Saturday
Why: Because Mount Kearsarge is a BRAND NEW MOUNTAIN! Literally, Adam and I just discovered it and nobody has ever hiked it before. Plus, you can see the beautiful city of Boston from the top of the mountain, and hiking with Adam and Spencer is a fun way to wrap up your Green Key weekend!
Leaders: Adam “Adam Schnei the Science Guy” Schneider and Spencer “Spenny B” Blair
Cost: $5 for DOC members and $10 for non-DOC members
Blitz: [log in to unmask] with your DA$H number, dietary restrictions, and B-list super power to sign up or get more information!

ADDITIONALLY…

What: Ascutney Awesomeness
When: Saturday from 9:00am - 3:30pm
Leaders: Sam Parker and Steve Tebbe
Cost: $5 for DOC members, $11 for everyone else
Why: Because the sun will be shining! Mount Ascutney offers beautiful views for relatively little effort. At just over 3000 feet, this is a solidly moderate hike that still gets you high enough for an "oh my" moment. Get outside and celebrate the end of Green Key with us!
To sign up: Blitz [log in to unmask] with your DASH number and any dietary restrictions.

LASTLY…

What: Orienteering!
When: 2-7 pm ish on Saturday
Why: Because it's a heeler requirement, and knowing how to use a map and compass is very useful! It's also a lovely way to spend some time outside, but won't be physically too difficult.
Leaders: Anna Knowles and Patrick Saylor
Cost: $2 DOC, $4 non-DOC (we're getting snacks!)
Blitz: Anna J. Knowles 16 to sign up.

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY

WHAT: Smarts + green key detox + birthday!
WHEN: Sunday, 9am to 4pm
WHY: It's the Sunday of green key. You need to detox. What better way then to hike 7mi to the summit of Smarts. As mentioned it's also my birthday which is wicked exciting in and of itself so of course there will be a birthday surprise on the hike. (Surprise for you, not me because I'm planning it.)
LEADERS: Rachel Margolese and Jocelyn Powelson
COST: $6 DOC members, $8 non-DOC members
blitz [log in to unmask] to sign up!!

 Sign up to get financial aid on any DOC-related activity: http://outdoors-dev.dartmouth.edu/opo/finaid.html