CABIN-TRAIL Archives

May 2014, Week 1

CABIN-TRAIL@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Cabin and Trail <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cabin and Trail <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 May 2014 21:44:24 +0000
To sign up for a non-spring weekend trips, blitz the leader of that trip with your DA$H
number (MAKE SURE YOU HAVE MONEY IN YOUR ACCOUNT!) or saying you'd like to
pay in cash. Please also send any dietary restrictions.  Your spot will be reserved once you pay.  If the trip is
free, just blitz the leader to reserve a spot.

WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY

Ben Nelson '17 is cooking some sort of feed at the Rock, to be ready at 7 pm. Blitz him if you want to help.

Cost: $4 if you eat, FREE if you cook or clean

FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY

What: Heeler Overnight to Billings and Mt. Waumbek Hike
When: Friday 6:30 pm-Saturday 5:30
Why: Yes heeler overnight does mean it is only $1! It is going to be an amazing weekend. We are going to leave campus after dinner at 6:30 so we can can catch the lovely views of the sunset on the some of the lakes we are going to be driving past. We will get to Billings and have a great and restive night. We will hike Mt. Waumbek the next morning. It is an amazing 4000 FOOTER that Cabin and Trail almost NEVER hikes. It will have amazing views and we will be back to campus by 5:30 on Saturday so you can relax and enjoy the rest of your weekend! Also the weather is rainy on campus but should be just a little cloudy with a high of almost 70 at the mountain!
Leaders: Jalen Benson and Adam Schneider
Cost: ONLY $1 (Save money on food by saving DBA and swipes)
Blitz: [log in to unmask] to sign up

SATURDAY SATURDAY SATURDAY

What: North and South Kinsmans! (at least) two 4000 footers!
When: Saturday, 9ish to 6ish
Why: take an elongated study break, walk around on mountains, see awesome views of the pemi wilderness and franconia ridge, cool stuff is happening in nature right now!!!
Leaders: Anna Knowles and Malcolm Salovaara
Cost: $8 for DOC members, ~$14 for non-DOC
Blitz [log in to unmask] if interested!

What? Lodge dinner, Billington Overnight, and Adams-Madison (two 4,000 footers) Loop.
When? 5:30pm Saturday-6:30pm Sunday.
Why? Because food is good, boardgames are great, spending time with CNT members is SO important, and this weekend is looking warm and (hopefully) sunny!
Leaders: Steve Tebbe and Brad Geismar.
Cost:18$ DOC, 30$ (Financial aid is available! Please blitz me for more info!)
Blitz: To sign up, blitz me at [log in to unmask]

What: Hike up Smarts Mtn!
When: 8:30-5:30 --> yay back in time for din din
Why: it's an awesome spring hike for most of the way up, and then a snowy winter wonderland at the summit. Plus there's a fire tower up there. #whoaseasons #gonature #snacksonsnacks
Leaders: Mac Murphy and Caroline Resor
Cost: $5 for DOC members; $7 for non-DOC
Blitz: [log in to unmask] for more info or to sign up!

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY

What: Carter Traverse!
When: Leaving campus 8pm SATURDAY, getting back Sunday evening/night.
Why: This is a 20mi traverse over 6 official 4,000 fters and a couple of other summits. It offers SPECTACULAR views of the Presis at a difficulty level a little less than a Presi Traverse.
Leaders: Joby Bernstein, Annie Laurie Mauhs-Pugh
Cost: $10 for members, $20 for non
Blitz [log in to unmask] with DA$H, dietary restrictions, and shoe size to sign-up!

What: Mt. Cardigan
When: Sunday 12:15-5:00pm
Why: Because it will be awesome!! Take a study break up Mt. Cardigan to see some sweet views and hang with some sweet people!
Leaders: Jamie Mercado and Dana Wieland
Cost: $2 DOC, $4 everyone else
Blitz: blitz Dana with DASh and dietary restrictions at [log in to unmask]

What: Mt. Chocorua Hike and farm-made ice cream
When: 9 am - 5pm (7pm at the latest, based on hiking conditions)
Why: GORGEOUS 360 degree views from a bald summit - can see for miles and miles in all directions - lakes, rivers, mountains, etc. Wonderful, 6~ mile hike, not very strenuous. Wonderful rock formations. On the way home, we will stop for farm-made ice cream, which is super delicious. Lunch and snacks will be provided.
Cost: DOC $5, Non $10
Blitz: [log in to unmask] to sign up or for more info!?

 Sign up to get financial aid on any DOC-related activity: http://outdoors-dev.dartmouth.edu/opo/finaid.html