CABIN-TRAIL Archives

April 2014, Week 5

CABIN-TRAIL@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Cabin and Trail <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cabin and Trail <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Apr 2014 00:34:08 +0000
This weekend is Spring Weekend within the DOC, as well as Moosilauke Ravine Lodge opening weekend!

That means that sign ups for all Spring Weekend trips will be held on THURSDAY FROM 10 AM - 3 PM  in the lobby of Robinson Hall.

All spring weekend trips will be $10.50, which includes food for the day and Lodge dinner, and possibly a Lodge overnight!

Make sure that you have money in your DA$H account when you come to sign up!

To sign up for a non-spring weekend trips, blitz the leader of that trip with your DA$H

number (make sure you have money in your account!) or saying you'd like to

pay in cash.  Your spot will be reserved once you pay.  If the trip is

free, just blitz the leader to reserve a spot.

WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY

What: Lainie's Heeler Overnight!

When: 8:30pm Wednesday and back before 10As on Thursday

Why: Because its going to be tons of fun! We will have games and s'mores galore!

Leaders: Becca and Lainie

Cost: Only $1 DOC!! $3 nonDOC

Blitz: [log in to unmask] with your DASH number and dietary restrictions to sign up!

What: The Feed!

When: 7 pm, at the Rock (an off campus house)

Why: Max and Graham are cooking, apparently there will be curry and freshly made naan.

Cost: $4 DA$H or cash when you show up, or if you clean you eat for free!

FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY

What: Sam's Heeler Overnight

When: Friday 6 pm- Sat 10 am

Why: We will hike 3/4 of a mile to Nunnemacher Cabin and spend the evening eating desserts, hanging out and playing games. We will get up the next morning, eat a tasty brunch, and be back with plenty of time to enjoy the rest of your Saturday.

Leader: Sam Parker and Kaila Pederson

Cost: $1

Blitz [log in to unmask] to sign up or get more info!

​SATURDAY SATURDAY SATURDAY

What: The Twins plus more!

When: 7:30am - 9:00pm (or earlier)

Why: The twins are a moderate to SPECTACULAR hike in the Pemi's. We'll be doing upwards of 12 miles, with 2 to 3 4000-footers, lots of incredible views and plenty of snacks. I will even make you muffins for breakfast!

Leaders: Annie Laurie Mauhs-Pugh and Dana Wieland

Cost: $8 DOC, $16 everyone else

Blitz: blitz Dana to sign up! [log in to unmask]

Lodge Dinner and Reckless Breakfast Concert!

Leave at 5:00pm Back at ~10:00pm

Come to the Lodge for dinner and Reckless Breakfast!! Should be a great time and a wonderful way to celebrate DOC Spring Weekend.

Cost: $10.50, financial aid available

A SPRING WEEKEND TRIP! Sign up at Robo 10-3 on Thursday!

What: Hike and Trailwork on Moosilauke, plus Lodge Dinner!

When: 8:30 am Saturday morning through dinner, possibility to stay overnight at the Lodge

Why: Because Moosilauke is the quintessential DOC hike, and you miss the Lodge! Come help us fix up some of your favorite trails, summit a mountain with a beautiful view, and then enjoy dinner provided by the Lodge and music by Reckless Breakfast! You'll get exercise, you'll feel burly, you'll get your trailwork requirement out of the way (heelers!), and you'll enjoy a fantastic evening. What more could you want for Spring Weekend?

Leaders: Kathryn Waychoff and Jocelyn Powelson

Cost: FREE! Because trailwork!

A SPRING WEEKEND TRIP! Sign up at Robo 10-3 on Thursday!​

What: Mt Osceola Day Hike + Lodge Dinner

When: 9:00 AM -- 9:00 PM (depending on when the dinner ends)

Why: Treat yourself with a spectacular view of the White Mountain National Forest, a grand feast at the lodge, and the company of the most charismatic and existential CnT trip leaders.

Leaders: Graham Findlay + Chuanqi Sun

Cost $10.50 with financial aid available

A SPRING WEEKEND TRIP! Sign up at Robo 10-3 on Thursday!​

Blitz (for more info only): [log in to unmask]

WHAT: Ascutney Awesomness

WHEN: 9:30am to 4:30pm (PLUS AN CHANCE TO STAY FOR LODGE DINNER!!)

WHY: Spring weekend means time to go hike and then fill your tummy with yummy lodge dinner! Ascutney is an excellent ~7 mi hike. After the hike we're headed to the lodge for dinner and a sleepover (but we can drop you off to campus after the hike if you don't want to come to the lodge. But you should come to the lodge.)

LEADERS: Rachel Margolese and Spencer Chu

COST: $10.50 for everyone!

A SPRING WEEKEND TRIP! Sign up at Robo 10-3 on Thursday!​

What: Hike Mt. Tecumseh!!!

When:Saturday 10AM-Lodge Dinner (With Optional Lodge Overnight)

Why: Come hike a 4000 footer! The shortest 4000 footer but still a 4000 footer! A 5.5 mile round trip hike with great views and lots of awesome food.

Leaders: Max Deibel and Kristen Chalmers

Cost: $10.50 (Financial Aid Available)

A SPRING WEEKEND TRIP! Sign up at Robo 10-3 on Thursday!​

Blitz [log in to unmask] for more information

​SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY

First Year Family Weekend Hike!!!

When: Meet behind Robo on Sunday, 10-11ish

Why: Your parents are up at school and it is finally time to show them how beautiful your new New Hampshire home is!

Leader: Adam Schneider

Cost: Free!

Sign up at the Collis desk!

What: Mt. Cube!

When: Leaving from Robo at 8:30 am - Getting back by 3:00 pm

Why: It's spring and you have the opportunity for a gorgeous 7 mile hike with awesome views. Lunch and snacks provided!

Leaders: Becca Novello and Ruby Hopkins

Cost: $5 for DOC members. $8 for non-members.

Blitz: [log in to unmask] with your DA$H number and dietary restrictions to sign up

​

 Sign up to get financial aid on any DOC-related activity: http://outdoors-dev.dartmouth.edu/opo/finaid.html