CABIN-TRAIL Archives

April 2014, Week 4

CABIN-TRAIL@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Cabin and Trail <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cabin and Trail <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Apr 2014 21:43:25 +0000
To sign up for any trip, blitz the leader of that trip with your DA$H
number (make sure you have money in your account!) or saying you'd like to
pay in cash.  Your spot will be reserved once you pay.  If the trip is
free, just blitz the leader to reserve a spot.

WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY

What: Fantastic Feed
When: Wednesday at 7pm at the Rock
Why: This is going to be a feed that all feeds will aspire to live up to. Featuring Mediterranean Style Couscous with carrots. For the vegetarians a citrus potato stew and for the meaty ones pork citrus stew for on top of the couscous. Ohhhhhh get ready!
Leaders: Jalen Benson and Sam Parker
Cost: $4 so a really steal for this kind of meal (Free if you clean!)

THURSDAY THURSDAY THURSDAY

What: Nunnemacher Overnight (+Optional Sunrike on Holt's Ledge)!!!!
When: Thursday leaving at 7pm behind Robo, returning on Friday before 10s
Leaders: David CS and Joby Bernstein
Cost: $1 ~ Heeler Overnight!
Blitz: Joseph.b.Bernstein.17 to sign up!!!

FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY

What: Apoorva's Heeler Overnight + Trail Run Mount Moose!
When: Friday 8pm-Sat lunchtime
Why: We'll spend the evening hanging out at Baum Cabin, get up and explore some trails for an hour or so, eat a tasty brunch, and be back with plenty of your Saturday left. What more could you want?!
Leaders: Apoorva Dixit and Krystyna Oszkinis
Cost: $1 cuz its a heeler overnight!
Blitz: Send a blitz to [log in to unmask] to sign up.

SATURDAY SATURDAY SATURDAY

What: Mt. Pico and Mt. Killington
When: Saturday from 9am to 6pm
Why: Moderate to difficult 10ish mile hike to mountains that DOC doesn't go to very often, with lovely views of Vermont expected. It'll be an adventure!
Leaders: Rachel Margolese and Anna Knowles
Cost: $7 for DOC, $12 for non DOC
Blitz rachel.k.margolese.16 to sign up

What: Mt. Hunger Trifeca (Cabot, Cider, Ben and Jerry)
When: Saturday from 9-5
Why: This should be an amazing moderate hike for this weekend. We will leave at 9 am on Saturday morning for Mt. Hunger. It will be a moderate 4 mile hike to over 3500 to an exposed summit that should give some great views of Vermont and will be a fantastic hike. From there we go to the Cabot Factory which is overflowing with free samples. The to the Cold Mill Apple Cider Press, which cost $1 or 2 for apple cider and a cider donuts. Then we will do the Ben&Jerry Factory which cost $3 or 5 for a tour and scoop of ice cream. Then we will head back to Hanover and should be back on campus by 5. This lets you all sleep in, hike a cool mountain (without need for snow shoes) and enjoy some of the best things about Vermont. Please check you to be sure your dash has money on it before you blitz me.
Leaders: Jalen Benson and Katie Yu
Cost: $7 DOC and $15 non-DOC
Blitz: Send dash numbers [log in to unmask] and I hope to see you on this amazing Saturday trip!

What: Cabin work at Hinman! More specifically: chopping wood oh yeah!
When: Saturday, noon - 3 pm
Why: cuz you all need cabin work! or trail work! and chopping wood is actually the most fun thing in the world! and because Hinman is on an awesome lake! and because it's finally spriiiiing!
Leaders: Shea and Georgi, still need someone chainsaw-certed
Cost: FREE
Blitz: [log in to unmask]

What: Franconia Ridge Hike!
When: Saturday 7am- 6:30ish
Why: Franconia Ridge is a quintessential New England hike and it has lots of great views!
Leaders: Steve and Lainie
Cost: $9 DOC $15 non-DOC
Blitz: [log in to unmask]

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY

What: Smarts Mountain and Trailwork Trip
When: 8AM- ~3:00 PM
Leader(s): Gerben Scherpbier and Sam Parker
Why: Because its not going to be raining! Smarts is a moderate 7.5 mile round trip hike that offers the closest taste of boreal forest in the Upper Valley. At the top of this 3,280 ft peak we will be climbing a fire tower that offers amazing views of the surrounding countryside and implementing new windows!
Cost: FREE!!! Because it's trailwork!
Blitz: [log in to unmask] to sign up (with DASH and dietary restrictions) or to get more info!

HIKE MOUNT WHITEFACE AND MOUNT PASSACONAWAY
When: Sunday 8:00am-7:30pm
Why: Because you want to get outside and enjoy this glorious spring weather on a strenuous hike! We will hike two 4,000 footer mountains, ten miles worth of a fun time. To quote John Muir: "The mountains are calling, and I must go."
Who: Adam Schneider '15 and Eliza Rockefeller '17
Cost: $6 DOC, $14 non-DOC
Blitz: [log in to unmask] with your DA$H number and dietary restrictions to sign up!!!

 Sign up to get financial aid on any DOC-related activity: http://outdoors-dev.dartmouth.edu/opo/finaid.html