CABIN-TRAIL Archives

April 2014, Week 3

CABIN-TRAIL@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Cabin and Trail <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cabin and Trail <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Apr 2014 01:11:52 +0000
?To sign up for any trip, blitz the leader of that trip with your DA$H

number (make sure you have money in your account!) or saying you'd like to
pay in cash.  Your spot will be reserved once you pay.  If the trip is
free, just blitz the leader to reserve a spot.

SATURDAY SATURDAY SATURDAY:
Hike Mt. Willey, Tom, and Field
Jalen Benson and Annie Laurie Mauhs-Pugh
$8 DOC and $20 Non-DOC
Saturday 8am-7pm
This weekend there is going to be an amazing hike up Mt. Willey, Tom, and Field in the Pemigewasset Wilderness. It is going to be a great hike of about 10 miles. We are going to hit 3 4000 footers this weekend that the DOC doesn't normally get a chance to hike so will be a solid change to hit some peaks on your list of 4000 footers.. Don't worry about the long time, a lot of it is just transit to get out to the Willey range where we start. If you want some great Spring hiking before mud season hit the mountains to hard join this hike. This is also my first co-leader so I will also bring you muffins for breakfast that morning if you come so sign up!
Blitz [log in to unmask] to Sign up!

Also, SATURDAY SATURDAY SATURDAY:

What: Orienteering Lesson! Come learn how to not get lost in the woods! It'll be fun, chill, and potentially educational!
When: Saturday 7-8ish in Robo basement for a brief introduction AND Sunday 12-5ish at a mystery location for more in depth map and compass skills. Yes, you need to come to both to satisfy the heeler requirement.
Why: So you don't follow in the wandering footsteps of the oft disoriented Vipul Kakkad '13!!! :)
Leaders: Fredrik Eriksson and David Polashenski
Cost: Free!! Come learn!
Blitz: David Polashenski to sign up

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY:

What: Mount Chocorua
When: 8AM- ~630 PM
Leader(s): JP Olinski and Steve Tebbe
Why: Because it's one of the best view-to-work ratios in the Whites. It'll be a moderate to strenuous 8 miles roundtrip with plenty of snacks and lunch. Then we'll visit a creamery after and get ice cream and sorbet. Do something cool on Easter! Come hike Chocorua!
Cost: $5 DOC, $12 non DOC (does not include ice cream)
Blitz: [log in to unmask] to sign up (with DASH and dietary restrictions) or to get more info!

Also, SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY:

What: Mt Ascutney Hike!
When: 10 AM - 5 PM
Leader(s): Adam Schneider and Kristen Chalmers
Why: Because snowshoeing, snacks, and good views for are fantastic!
What: 7 mile round trip hike, lunch at the summit, and guaranteed awesome time. Possible guarantee of your last encounter with snow for the year??
Cost: $5 for DOC members, $8 for non-DOC members
Blitz: Kristen Chalmers to sign up or to get more info!

Another, SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY:

What: Moose Mountain Easter Adventure!
When: 9 am - 1:30 pm
Why: What's Easter without the Easter Moose? Find out all about New Hampshire's real Easter traditions while going on a ~4 mile easy/moderate hike close to campus. We'll have snacks and surprises and you'll be back before you would've started your homework anyway.
Leaders: Lexi Krupp and Kathryn Waychoff
Cost: $3 DOC members, $5 non-members
Blitz: [log in to unmask] for more information and to sign up!

 Sign up to get financial aid on any DOC-related activity: http://outdoors-dev.dartmouth.edu/opo/finaid.html