MACSCRPT Archives

April 2014

MACSCRPT@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Shane Stanley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Apr 2014 14:31:40 +1100
On 5 Apr 2014, at 2:07 pm, Emmett Gray <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Is this maybe a reason to upgrade to Mavericks? I was totally unaware that it had something like this (that wasn't already in Mountain Lion).

AppleScriptObjC was introduced in 10.6, but it was available only to applications built in Xcode. In 10.7 they added the ability to use it in Cocoa-AppleScript applets written in AppleScript Editor. As of Mavericks, you can write ASObjC-based Script Libraries and call them from ordinary AS code (and embed them in applets, if you prefer). So yes, it's definitely a reason to upgrade.

--
Shane Stanley <[log in to unmask]>
<www.macosxautomation.com/applescript/apps/>