CABIN-TRAIL Archives

March 2014, Week 4

CABIN-TRAIL@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Cabin and Trail <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cabin and Trail <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Mar 2014 20:25:32 +0000
​To sign up for any trip, blitz the leader of that trip with your DA$H number (make sure you have money in your account!) or saying you'd like to pay in cash. Your spot will be reserved once you pay. If the trip is free, just blitz the leader to reserve a spot. Financial aid is available for all trips - just reply to this blitz with any questions.

***********************************

WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY

What: The Planning Feed

When: 7pm at the Rock (http:<http://www.dartmouth.edu/~cabtrail/rock.shtml>//www.dartmouth.edu/~cabtrail/rock.shtml<http://www.dartmouth.edu/~cabtrail/rock.shtml>). Meet behind Robo at 6:45 if you want to walk over with someone who knows where they're going.

Why: Because home cooked meals are better than DDS. We'll also be electing officers for the term and planning longer trips, so come to vote and weigh in with your ideas.

Cost: $4 (and free if you clean!!!!!!!!!!)

THURSDAY THURSDAY THURSDAY

What: Hikertoure Sunrike

When: Thursday 5am-9am. Back before 9L’s

Leader(s): Fredrik Eriksson and Krystyna Oszkinis

Why: Because breakfast is marginally relevant!

Come watch the sunrise from Holts Ledges with us on Thursday. Hiking and breakfast – could anyone ask for more?

Cost: $3 DOC ($5 non-DOC).

Blitz: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> [with 9-digit DASH number and any dietary restrictions, before 8am Wednesday] to sign up, or if you have any questions!

FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY

What: Great Bear Heeler Overnight and Sledding!

When: 7:30pm Friday - 11am Saturday

Leader(s): Spencer Chu and Eliza Rockefeller

Why: Because heeler overnights are a blast! Because you want to sled one more time before the snow melts!

We are going to drive to Great Bear Cabin, hang out and have fun in the evening, spend the night, and sled in the morning! We aren't hiking, but there is a walk from parking to the cabin.

Cost: $1 for DOC members, $3 non-DOC

Blitz: Eliza Rockefeller<mailto:[log in to unmask]> with your DASH number and dietary restrictions to sign up!!!

SATURDAY SATURDAY SATURDAY

What: Mt. Mansfield (tallest peak in VT at 4393 ft)

When: 8am-5pm

Leader(s): Paige Wilson and Loring Schaible

Why: Because why wouldn't you want to summit the tallest Mtn in Vermont?! Also snacks, beautiful views, and the last chance to enjoy winter mountains for a while.

Cost: $5 DOC, $8 Non-DOC

Blitz: Loring Schaible<mailto:[log in to unmask]> with DA$H, shoe size, and dietary restrictions if you want in or just blitz to get more info.

What: Camel’s Hump Hike

When: 9am- ~6pm

Leader(s): JP Olinski and Steve Tebbe

Why: get outside and explore Vermont before the term gets too crazy.

Come hike Camel’s Hump, the 4th highest peak in Vermont. Removed from major development, the views from the top are some of the best in the state. We’ll do a 7 mile strenuous round trip hike. We’ll bring lots of food so you don’t starve. Should be lots of fun so sign up!!

Cost: $5 DOC/ $12 non-DOC

Blitz: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> with your dash and dietary restrictions

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY

What: Mount Cardigan Hike

When: 10-3pm

Leader(s): Max Deibel and Lainie Caswell

Why: Because its a mountain named after a sweater.

Also it should be a fun hike with great views at the top.

Cost: $4 DOC $7 non DOC.

Blitz: Helena Caswell<mailto:[log in to unmask]> to sign up or to get more info!

What: Hiking two 4000 foot peaks (Whiteface and Pasacomway) on a 14 mile loop/snowshoe traverse. #strenuous

When: Sunday 7am-7ishpm

Why: Because the snow will be gone soon and you should get above treeline while everything is frozen, not muddy and nasty!!

Leaders: Mac Murphy and David Polashenski

​Cost: $7 DOC, $12 others: We'll provide breakfast, snacks, and lunch for you!

Blitz: David Polashenski​<mailto:[log in to unmask]> to sign up.

If you're not a DOC member, BECOME a DOC member.  $20 for an annual membership (memberships run from July 1 - June 30) or $50 for a student career membership (which expires June 30 of the year you graduate).  Contact Julie Bell to sign up.?