CABIN-TRAIL Archives

February 2014, Week 4

CABIN-TRAIL@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Cabin and Trail <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cabin and Trail <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Feb 2014 16:13:42 +0000
To sign up for any trip, blitz the leader of that trip with your DA$H number (make sure you have money in your account!) or saying you'd like to pay in cash.  Your spot will be reserved once you pay.  If the trip is free, just blitz the leader to reserve a spot. Financial aid is available for all trips - just reply to this blitz with any questions.

WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY

What: The Feed at the Rock, come eat a spaghetti dinner with apple pie for dessert!

When: 7pm

?Why: Because you don't need to cram for finals yet, come hang out!

?Cost: $4 (unless you help clean up)

FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY

What: Hike Holt's Ledge
When: Friday 2:00pm-5:15pm
Leader(s): Annie Laurie and Eliza Rockefeller
Why: Because winter hiking is fun, and the view from Holt's Ledge is lovely! We will hike four miles round-trip and stop at the top for snacks. Sign up for laid-back winter hiking and a fun time.
Cost: $1 D.O.C.; $3 non-D.O.C.
Blitz: Eliza Rockefeller to sign up or to get more info!

SATURDAY SATURDAY SATURDAY

What: Heeler Overnight at Harris Cabin (Class of '66 Lodge?)

When: Saturday at 6:00 through Sunday Morning ~10AM

Leaders: Annie Laurie Mauhs-Pugh, Shane Weisberg

Why: Come eat dinner at the monumental Harris Cabin and help me fulfill my final leader requirement. We'll eat a good dinner, a great dessert, play some cards against humanity (like apples-to-apples but better), maybe fool around in the snow and be back Sunday morning in time to spend the rest of the day being productive.

Cost: $1 for everyone

Blitz: Shane Weisberg to sign up or get more info.

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY

What: Mt. Moosilauke Hike and Sled
When: Sunday, 9am-5pm
Leaders: Krystyna Oszkinis, Spencer Chu
What: We'll be hiking/snowshoeing a few miles up Mt. Moosilauke and then having a blast sledding back down! It's going to be a ton of fun and an awesome way to get outside before the end of term crunch. We might even get some fresh snow before the end of the week; come play in the snow with us!

Cost: $5 DOC members, $12 non-DOC members

Blitz: Spencer Chu '16 with your DASH number and dietary restrictions to sign up!?

What: XC Skiing at the Hartland Ski Center!! (ROUND 2)
When: 1-5pm Sunday
Leader(s): Max Deibel
Why: Because this is WAY more fun than whatever else you might be doing on a Sunday afternoon.
(minimal cross country skiing experience required)
Cost: $0 for DOC, $3 non-DOC
Blitz: Helena Caswell to sign up or to get more info!

If you're not a DOC member, BECOME a DOC member.  $20 for an annual membership (memberships run from July 1 - June 30) or $50 for a student career membership (which expires June 30 of the year you graduate).  Contact Julie Bell to sign up.?