CABIN-TRAIL Archives

February 2014, Week 3

CABIN-TRAIL@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Cabin and Trail <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cabin and Trail <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Feb 2014 21:41:19 +0000
To sign up for any trip, blitz the leader of that trip with your DA$H number (make sure you have money in your account!) or saying you'd like to pay in cash.  Your spot will be reserved once you pay.  If the trip is free, just blitz the leader to reserve a spot. Financial aid is available for all trips - just reply to this blitz with any questions.

WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY

What: The Feed! at the Rock?
When: 7:00 pm
Chef: Nick Thyr
Sous-chef/cleaner: YOU!!! You can eat free...
Why? Because I'm cooking 5-cheese lasagna and chocolate sheet cake!
Cost: $4 (UNLESS YOU COOK OR CLEAN)
Blitz Nick Thyr if you want to help!

What: Contra Dancing
Where: Occom comons
When: 7PM Wednesday
There is a FREE contra dance featuring Reckless Breakfast and Bo Marchman this Wednesday night at Occom Commons at 7PM! Come and have some fun!
Cost: FREE

FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY

Winter Grant Weekend
When: Friday 1:30pm - Sunday 5pm
What: Never been to the 2nd College Grant before? This is your chance! We'll be leaving Hanover Friday afternoon to head up to Dartmouth's own piece of the New Hampshire backwoods. With over 27,000 acres to explore, we'll spend all day Saturday as well as Sunday morning dogsledding, snowshoeing, and cross country skiing. We'll stay in the DOC's cabins and eat scrumptious meals while gathered around the fire. This is a weekend you do not want to miss!
Cost: $25 DOC/$50 non-DOC (more than buying a 1 year membership--so just do that!)
Blitz: Jon King '15 with questions or your DA$H to sign-up. You must blitz by 11:59pm on Wednesday!

SATURDAY SATURDAY SATURDAY

What: Orienteering in Robo basement on Saturday, Field Trip to Baum Cabin on Sunday!

When: Intro on Saturday Evening 7-8, More in depth Sunday 9-midafternoonish

Leaders: Jamie Mercado, Spencer Chu, David Polashenski

Why: Come learn basic orienteering so you don't get lost in the woods and so you can become a CnT leader!

Cost: Free! Come learn!

Blitz: David Polashenski to sign up

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY

What: XC Skiing at the Hartland Ski Center!!
When: 1-5pm Sunday
Leader(s): Max Deibel
Why: Because this is WAY more fun than whatever else you might be doing on a Sunday afternoon.
(Some cross country skiing experience required)
Cost: $0 for DOC, $3 non-DOC
Blitz: Helena Caswell to sign up or to get more info!

If you're not a DOC member, BECOME a DOC member.  $20 for an annual membership (memberships run from July 1 - June 30) or $50 for a student career membership (which expires June 30 of the year you graduate).  Contact Julie Bell to sign up.  ?