CABIN-TRAIL Archives

November 2013, Week 3

CABIN-TRAIL@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Cabin and Trail <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cabin and Trail <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Nov 2013 17:55:25 +0000
To sign up for any trip, blitz the leader of that trip with your DA$H number (make sure you have money in your account!) or saying you'd like to pay in cash.  Your spot will be reserved once you pay.  If the trip is free, just blitz the leader to reserve a spot.

WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY

Come to the feed!
When: Wednesday, 7PM at the Rock.
Ben Bauer and Maggie Finn will be cooking beer boiled bratwursts and a vegetarian soup.  Dessert TBA.  The cost is $4, as always, unless you're a 17 or you help clean afterwards.  Blitz bsquared.15 with your dining preference (meat or no) if you're coming.   Come for the food, stay for the compan

FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY

What: Class of 66 Lodge Overnight and Sunrike
When: 6:30 pm - 10 am on Saturday
Leader(s): Vipul Kakkad and Victoria Nelsen
Why: S'mores. Cake. An elaborate dinner cooked in this cabin's high class kitchen. Good music, good company…need I say more?
We'll be heading to the Class of 66 Lodge on Friday night for dinner, dessert, and a fun time with friends. Then, get your fill of nature with a short but beautiful hike up Moose Mountain on Saturday morning for the sunrise. Take a break from your finals frenzy to join in the celebration…especially because there are NO finals on Saturday!
Cost: $1!!!
Blitz: Victoria Nelsen for more info or with your DA$H and dietary restrictions to sign up.

What: Ascutney Hike
When: 9am - 3:30ish pm
Leader(s): Steve Tebbe, Spencer Blair
Want to procrastinate studying for your finals? Then come on this hike! It’s going to be a nice 7 mile round trip jaunt up Ascutney. There’s a fire tower on top and we’ll have a glorious lunch there. Great views, great food, great friends. Come brighten up your finals period by going outside before the term ends! Hope to see you Friday!
Cost: $5 for DOC members, $10 for non-DOC members
Blitz: Spencer Blair with your DASH/dietary restrictions to sign up!

SATURDAY SATURDAY SATURDAY

What: Ascent of East Osceola and Mt. Osceola
When: Saturday night/Sunday
Leaders: Ben Bauer, Dana Wieland
Description: On Saturday night, we will drive to Ritchie Smith cabin outside of Woodstock, and in the morning we'll drive on the Kancamagus highway into the mountains.  We will then proceed to hike these two 4000ers on a moderate hike (~8 miles).  Back by dinner on Sunday night.  Come enjoy the parts of New Hampshire that have snow!  Blitz bsquared.15 with your dash+dietary restrictions if you're interested.

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY

What: A casual, post morning exams hike up Holt's Ledge (at the skiway)
When: 12 noon to 5 pm (approximately) on Sunday
Leaders: Paige Wilson and Malcolm Salovaara
Why: You know you want to get outside and admire New Hampshire once more before you go home for the holidays. And next time you see it it will probably be covered in snow.
Cost: $1 for DOC, $2 for non-DOC
Blitz [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> with your DA$H number to sign up.

What: Mt Cube hike, Hexacuba inspection
When: Sunday 10am-1:30pm
Leaders: Samuel Kernan
Why: The south side of Mt. Cube is patently gorgeous. The trail winds through gnarled birches, rocky grottoes, and wind-swept ledges with views of the upper valley. We will also be inspecting Hexacuba shelter, which, as its name implies, is six-sided, and sponsored by Cuba. See a unique expression of outing club spirit and take a hand in its stewardship. Moderate difficulty (steep sections, six miles round trip).
Cost: $3 for DOC members and $5 for non-DOC members
Blitz: Samuel Kernan with your DA$H number and dietary restrictions to sign up.

If you're not a DOC member, BECOME a DOC member.  $20 for an annual membership (memberships run from July 1 - June 30) or $50 for a student career membership (which expires June 30 of the year you graduate).  Contact Julie Bell to sign up.  Fees for trips as a DOC member are much less, and sometimes free.