CABIN-TRAIL Archives

October 2013, Week 3

CABIN-TRAIL@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Cabin and Trail <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cabin and Trail <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Oct 2013 20:49:05 +0000
To sign up for any trip, blitz the leader of that trip with your DA$H number (make sure you have money in your account!) or saying you'd like to pay in cash.  Your spot will be reserved once you pay.  If the trip is free, just blitz the leader to reserve a spot.

WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY

The Feed!
Come to the Rock to eat a delicious home-cooked meal this Wednesday! We'll be feasting on Italian layers - lasagna and tiramisu, to be exact. Free for '17s, and only $4 for upperclassmen!
7pm at the Rock (http://www.dartmouth.edu/~cabtrail/rock.shtml)

THURSDAY THURSDAY THURSDAY

What: Trip to the Lodge
When: Thursday, 5-9 PM
Leaders: Steven Tebbe and Nicholas Thyr
Difficulty: Not
Remember that delicious dinner you had on Trips? Or the ones you've had many times since then? Well, here's a chance to have another—and you don't even need to pay for gas!
Cost: $8 for everyone.
Blitz: Nick Thyr with your dietary restrictions

FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY

CnTeatime!
You are cordially invited to trek to the Rock on Friday at 4pm to enjoy a nice cup of tea.
If everything goes to plan there will be freshly baked scones and strawberry jam.
(and it's in the budget, so you don't have to pay!)

SATURDAY SATURDAY SATURDAY

What: Mt. Ascutney Hike
Leaders: Katie Yu
When: Saturday 9:00am-3:30pm
Length: ~7miles (moderate)
Why: Because what better way is there to kick back after a rough week of post-homecoming midterms than going outside and seeing some beautiful VT wilderness? Also, according to wikipedia, "The mountain is a favorite area for viewing migrating birds." and, "Mount Ascutney is the premiere hang gliding site in New England." So, if you want to get outside, maybe see various fliying things, and definitely see some beautiful outdoorsy things, sign on up!
Cost: $5 DOC Members/$10 Non-DOC Members
Blitz: Spencer Chu '16 with your **DA$H Number** and any **Dietary Restrictions**

What: Velvet Rocks Day Hike
When: 11am - 3pm
Leader(s): Steve Tebbe, Molly Ryan
Why: to catch the fall colors!
Come have a wonderful jaunt up to Velvet Rocks! We'll leave from the steps of the Robo and do a ~4 mile roundtrip hike down the AT to the top of Velvet Rocks! There will be lunch and many good views at the summit. If you want to get outside and hike part of the AT before it gets too cold, come join us!
Cost: $3
Blitz: Molly Ryan with your DASH/dietary restrictions to sign up!

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY

What: Hike Mt. Moosilauke and check out some waterfalls!
Leaders: Anna Knowles
When: Sunday 9AM-5PM
Length: 7.8 Miles
Why: Come catch the last of the fall foliage on Dartmouth’s one and only, Mt. Moosilauke! We will be hiking up to the summit along Beaver Brook Trail, closely following the Beaver Brook cascades, which means we will be passing some awesome waterfalls along the way. It will be a moderately strenuous hike, but it will be completely worth it. Plus we will be having snacks and lunch along the way. Fall foliage, beautiful rolling cascades, cabot and jelly beans, fantastic views and great company, it’s a hike you don’t want to miss!
Cost: $5 dollars for DOC members and $15 for Non-DOC members
Blitz: Diane Qi with your DASH number and any dietary restrictions to sign up or for more info!!

What: Mt. Hale Loop Hike
When: 9am to 6pm
Leaders: Paige Wilson
Why: Mt. Hale is one of the 4000 footers of the White Mountains, but the hike is fairly moderate. We'll climb up the north side, bag the summit, and then hike down the south side where there are reported to be beautiful views of Carrigain Notch and up to 23 other 4000 footers visible. We'll also get to hike by the AMC's Zealand Falls Hut, with views along the Zealand River valley. The hike will definitely be fun and awesome!
Cost: $5 for DOC members and $12 for Non-DOC members
Blitz: Joseph Bernstein with your DA$H Number and any dietary restrictions to sign up!

What: Mt. Cardigan Day hike
When: 12 pm- 4 pm
Leaders: Shea Flanagan
Why: Because the weather is good, the foliage is disappearing, and we must take advantage of what's left! Cardigan is an easy-moderate hike of just over 3 miles, and the reward is an incredible bald summit with great, 360 degree views. Reward yourself for finally (or almost) finishing midterms by getting outside and enjoying one of the last nice weekends of the season! (Snacks will be provided.)
Cost: $3 for DOC members and $7 for non-DOC members.
Blitz: Victoria Nelsen with questions OR with your DA$H number and dietary restrictions to sign up

What: Mt. Cube3 Hike
Leaders: Vipul Kakkad, Kaila Pedersen
When: Sunday 9:00am-3:00pm
Length: ~7miles (moderate)
Why: Get outside this weekend and see some of the best late fall views that the upper valley has to offer! We're just reaching the tail end of the prime time for fall foliage, and you can get out and see some of the most brilliant reds, yellows, and oranges that the world has to offer. Get out on a nice hike this weekend before the wilderness turns into that great white north!
Cost: $5 DOC Members/$10 Non-DOC Members
Blitz: Spencer Chu '16 with your **DA$H Number** and any **Dietary Restrictions**

If you're not a DOC member, BECOME a DOC member.  $20 for an annual membership (memberships run from July 1 - June 30) or $50 for a student career membership (which expires June 30 of the year you graduate).  Contact Julie Bell to sign up.