CABIN-TRAIL Archives

October 2013, Week 1

CABIN-TRAIL@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Cabin and Trail <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cabin and Trail <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Oct 2013 03:31:25 +0000
To sign up for any trip, blitz the leader of that trip with your DA$H number (make sure you have money in your account!) or saying you'd like to pay in cash.  Your spot will be reserved once you pay.  If the trip is free, just blitz the leader to reserve a spot.

WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY

Dinertoure!
We always thought alien life would come from the Shryl's, but it came from deep beneath P&H.
The first kaiju made land in Sanborne
The second attack hit Mid Mass
The third one hit La Casa
Then we learned - this was not gonna stop
In order to fight monsters, we made monsters of our own.
We needed a new weapon - the Dinercore program was born
Two rides - small bills, and ice breakers connected
When man and breakfast become one.

Today we face the monsters that are at our door and break the fast with them. Today, we are canceling the apoca9Lse!

We are sadly full for this week. Come to CnT meetings to get on an earlier blitzlist or blitz [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> if you have any questions.
Leave behind Robo at 6:15, back in time for 9Ls
The ride is free, bring small bills.
Sources: Pacific Rim - Official Main Trailer [HD]<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5guMumPFBag>

The Feed!
Come to the Rock to eat a delicious home-cooked meal this Wednesday! Menu is yet to be determined, but it's gonna be good. Free for '17s, and only $4 for upperclassmen!
7pm at the Rock (http://www.dartmouth.edu/~cabtrail/rock.shtml)
Meet 6:45pm behind Robo if you want to walk over with someone who's been there before.

FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY

What: Gile Sunset Hike!
When: 5:30-8 pm
Leader(s): Alex Greer, Shea Flanagan
Why: Because it's going to be a spectacular day!
Come hike 1.4 miles to the top of Gile. There's a firetower at the top where we can watch the sunset and see all the foliage.  It'll be a great time!
Cost: Free for DOC, $2 non-DOC
Blitz: Robert Greer with your DA$H to sign up or to get more info!

SATURDAY SATURDAY SATURDAY

What: Apple picking at Poverty Lane Orchards, then Lodge Dinner afterwards!
When: Saturday 1 PM to 10ish PM
Leaders: Hunter van Adelsberg, Peter Governali
Why: Because it's fall and the apples are as crisp as the air, as red as the leaves and as sweet as maple syrup.
Cost: FREE for DOC members, ~$20 for non-members (plus ~$15 for apples and $8 for dinner, member or not)
On Saturday afternoon we'll head down to Poverty Lane in Lebanon, pick some apples, the drive up to the Ravine Lodge for fall weekend Lodge Dinner! We'll be coming back to campus Saturday night, not Sunday morning. NB: this is a fall weekend trip, so to sign up you need to go in person to the steps of Robinson Hall between 12 and 2 PM this Thursday.
Cost: FREE for DOC members, ~$20 for non-members (plus ~$15 for apples and $8 for dinner, member or not)

What: Moosilauke Hike, Dinner, and Overnight
When: Saturday 10 AM to Sunday 10 AM (at the latest)
Leaders: Steve Tebbe, Kaila Pedersen
Why: Because a Moosilauke Hike is the epitome of a fall weekend trip. And Fall Foliage!!
Cost: $10 for both DOC and non-members for everything
We will do a wonderful moderate 7 mile hike to the top of Moosilauke. Whether you are a '17 or '14, a hike up Moosilauke is something you just need to do before you graduate. So come spend the afternoon hiking with a great group of folks, then followed by Lodge dinner, Reckless Breakfast, and a great night at the Lodge. Remember this is a fall weekend trip, so to sign up you need to go in person to the steps of Robinson Hall between 12 and 2 PM this Thursday. So come to Robo and sign up.

If you're not a DOC member, BECOME a DOC member.  $20 for an annual membership (memberships run from July 1 - June 30) or $50 for a student career membership (which expires June 30 of the year you graduate).  Contact Julie Bell to sign up.