CABIN-TRAIL Archives

June 2013, Week 4

CABIN-TRAIL@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Cabin and Trail <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cabin and Trail <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Jun 2013 21:10:49 +0000

To sign up for any trip, blitz the leader of that trip with your DA$H
number (make sure you have money in your account!) or saying you'd like to
pay in cash.  Your spot will be reserved once you pay.  If the trip is
free, just blitz the leader to reserve a spot.

WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY

What: Dinertoure 2: Judgment Day
When: 7:30 AM
Leader(s): Alex Procton, Alex Becker, Lily Brown
Why: Because breakfast is SO important

And from the ashes a Phoenix rises...

When I was young, great leaders walked the Earth. Women and men peered into
the darkness and saw before them each day a dawn better than those which
came before. They battled sleep, that strength-sucking stasis which keeps
us rooted to the spot when every fiber of our being tells us we must move
forward. They broke down barriers, redefining words like "too far," "too
cold" and "closed." These were our leaders, the stuff of legend, the blood
of history.

I am old now. These leaders are long gone and where once there was light
the darkness has returned.

Yet hope is not dead. As long as there is breath in our lungs and blood in
our veins the hearths lit by our ancestors burn with a fire which can never
be quenched. We will not go down without a fight. We will not go quietly
into the night. WE ARE WARRIORS! Strong is our resolve, fierce is our
passion and as the Sun rises in the East we raise our voices as once and
speak that TRUTH the darkness will NEVER wipe out: *"The ride is free,
bring small bills!"*

*Dinertoure: The Legend Continues*

4 Aces, Wednesday, 7:30am behind Robo

(Rides are first come, first served for those who don't RSVP)

Cost: The ride is free, bring small bills.
Blitz: Alex Procton

Also WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY,
come to the feed!

Enjoy some delicious hamburgers and grilled veggies (or garden burgers if
you're vegetarian) at the Rock Wednesday at 7 PM.  The cost is $4 but its
FREE if you help do dishes (much appreciated by Rock residents).

Directions to the rock may be found here:
http://www.dartmouth.edu/~cabtrail/rock.shtml.  If you still need help
finding it, meet behind robo at 6:45 to walk over with someone who knows
where it is.

Blitz Ben Bauer if you're coming and if you will be eating MEAT AGGGHHHHH
PROTEIN or not.

THURSDAY THURSDAY THURSDAY           ****

Gile Sunsike!****

Come hike the beautiful Mount Gile! We will make the 1 mile, very beginner
friendly, trip to the top and watch the sunset from the top of the
firetower! Beautiful views and a few snacks provided.****

When: Leaving behind Robo at 7:30pm, back by 9:30****

Cost: $1 DOC members, $3 non-members****

Blitz Patrick R. Campbell to sign up or for more info

Also THURSDAY THURSDAY THURSDAY:

What: Nunnemacher cabin overnight (and possible sunrike)
When: Thursday night-Friday morning (back by 10's)
Cost: $5 DOC members, $8 non-members
Leaders: Ben Bauer and Vipul Kakkad

Come spend a night at the spacious Nunnemacher cabin!  We'll hike up the AT
at the base of the skiway after dinner Thursday night, spend the night in
the cabin, and potentially get up early to see the sunrise from Holt's
ledge.  Blitz Ben Bauer with your dash number and any food restrictions you
may have to sign up.